Sixteen miles down the road is the Great Sand Dunes National Park.
When you are about 10 miles from it,this is what you see. It is so amazing here in the mountains to see these big sand dunes.
Where I am standing is a creek that usually runs all spring and summer. It comes from the snow melt and has barely dried up. It is about a half mile to where you start climbing up the dunes.
I don't know if you can see the people or not, but there are some at various distances up the dune. The ones on top have climbed a mile and a half. It is kind of like Mt.Rushmore, you could just sit and look at the dunes and try to imagine the formation of them.
The park is very nice,has rv parking, showers (if you played in the sand), picnic tables.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(68)
-
▼
September
(16)
- SURPRISE AT OUR RV PARK
- A Ride from Chama to Taos
- Crede to Chama,NM
- Surprise in Creede
- Creede,Co Area
- On the Road to Creede
- On the Road to Creede/Vis Great Sand Dunes
- ProRodeo Hall Of Fame
- Pikes Peak
- Garden of the Gods
- More of the Air Force Academy
- The Chapel @Air Force Academy
- Denver Mint & Capitol
- Aren't They Grand!!
- Black Hills of N.Dakota:T.Roosevelt NP
- Enchanted Highway, ND
-
▼
September
(16)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

2 comments:
Once again you have outdone yourselves!! Can't wait to sit down with you guys and a map and trace your route with you on this latest trip. One question? Did you hike to the top? I could barely make it to the top of Jockey's Ridge in Kill Devil Hills at the Wright Brothers monument when we were there with the kids. It is a mere ant hill compared to your sand dune.
Keep the blog updates coming - we enjoy them. Audrey and Dave
I just clicked on the dune picture and people appeared! Great pictures and I bet you guys had a good time!
I was wondering where you were going--and where you are going next?!
Post a Comment