Friday, September 12, 2008

Aren't They Grand!!

I just never get tired of looking at this great sculpture. It is just mind boggling to see (again) how long it took and how many men worked on it.
John and I went up one afternoon. It had rained most of the time we were in Rapid City, but finally cleared up the day before we were to leave. Anyway we went up and spent about an hour and a half wondering around the place and then just sitting looking at the faces.
Washington was picked because he was the first president. Jefferson was picked because of the La. purchase (one of the reasons), one of the reasons Roosevelt was picked was because of his stand on saving the land for parks, and Lincoln because of the civil war and how he guided the country thru it.

Fitting background for that good looking guy!
Let me know how these pictures turn out, as I changed cameras and the pixels (or however you spell it) is quite a bit more. I chose the small for size of the pictures, instead of medium.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dave & Audrey Watkins said...

Hi Pat & John,

Great pictures. The new camera works fine. The pictures are very sharp and clear. Nice picture of John. Now you need to put the camera in John's hands and let him take some pics.

Keep blogging.

dave & audrey

Mitch and Barb said...

I liked the pix (makes me feel like home!), but still like the medium size--easier to see the nitty gritty! I almost got John and George mixed up!

I read somewhere that the lower the resolution, the easier the pix are to send via email and load faster on the blog. They also take a lot less space on the camera. I always use low resolution and they print out 4x6 just fine.

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.