We went to the Air Force Academy yesterday and as you can tell I was taken by the chapel. It is really breathtaking. Beautiful outside, but inside it is very plain, so plain in fact that is what makes it so stunning. I know that doesn't make sense, but when you first go in it, the first thing that strikes you is the peace that surrounds you.
The organ was BIG, wish I could have heard it.
The alter background was marble and just invited you up to have a talk with God, I should say listen to Him.
Downstairs was the Catholic church and on the backside of it was a Jewish and Buddhist place.
I thought I got a picture of the stadium in here, but can't find it. The parking for the stadium was kind of plain, no pavement at all, it was like parking out in a big field with twine separating the rows.
The academy is big. I believe it has 18,7oo acres and had a lot of wildlife. Next time I will show the rest of the place.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(68)
-
▼
September
(16)
- SURPRISE AT OUR RV PARK
- A Ride from Chama to Taos
- Crede to Chama,NM
- Surprise in Creede
- Creede,Co Area
- On the Road to Creede
- On the Road to Creede/Vis Great Sand Dunes
- ProRodeo Hall Of Fame
- Pikes Peak
- Garden of the Gods
- More of the Air Force Academy
- The Chapel @Air Force Academy
- Denver Mint & Capitol
- Aren't They Grand!!
- Black Hills of N.Dakota:T.Roosevelt NP
- Enchanted Highway, ND
-
▼
September
(16)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment