Friday, May 30, 2008

From Nashville to Livingston Trip

We spent 2 nights in this state (sort of) park . Very nice and peaceful, no cp or internet service. It has an excellent museum, full 50 amp hookups: 15 dollars per night. The river is within walking distance. Moreso when we were there as it was in flood stage as you can see below. Also the next picture shows what you need to live in if you live near the Ms River.



The site we parked on was a little short, of course we didn't discover til too late there were longer sites futher up in the campground.
Getting back to the museum, it is about the civil war and the history of the town of Grand Gulf. It does not exist anymore due to floods, yellow fever, and hurricanes. There were 2 places where the Rebels dug in, we toured one of them there on the grounds. Then had to drive a mile up the road to see the other one, called Fort Corbin. As you all know there are 2 things (both #1) that John hates mud and gravel roads. I was driving and out of the corner of my eye, I see Johns neck come up. (It was like 2 antenna came out of his head that said WARNING WARNING). He said.." Is that mud?" (of course it was, it had been raining for 3 days!) I said "looks like it, but it doesn't go very far" and kept driving.
Later we were talking about it and I described what I thought he looked like, and he said yeah, that was the pay back he got for all the times he drove by some store and then said "Oh did you want to stop". He said I plowed right thru the mud...... of course I didn't, I slowed to at least 20.
The Escapees Park is about 7 miles south of Livingston (pop 5800). We will start observing tomorrow and figure out how we are suppose to do things. Took a t.b. test today, first one we've ever had. Didn't even know it was still around. We are looking forward to getting started. I am real excited and John is a little tentitive. (He read the rules, I mean really read them and I scanned them) I told him, I'm sure they are not as strict as it reads.
Will keep you posted
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dave & Audrey Watkins said...

Hi John & Pat,

Just scanned through your latest postings. Wow, you guys have had a busy schedule. Keep having fun. Let us know about the work at the Escapees park.

dave, audrey & phara

Mitch and Barb said...

You guys just make me laugh! I love the adventure--keep up the good work!

Love, Barb and Mitch

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.