This is a really nice building for the residents of Care. In the background you can see the rigs where people stay in their rigs while being taken care of at the center. We got here Thursday, the directer said park your rig (temporarily), take it easy etc. So we did that, then wandered over about 4 to observe how things were done. We didn't get home until about 9 and have been "observeing" ever since. Two of the volenteers are sick, the man we talked to before coming, resigned (no we haven't been long enough to cause that), so has been a mild form of chaos. Yesterday was suppose to our day off, John went over to get some sheets for info and I didn't seen him for 2 hours. I finally went over to see what was going on and he was making salad. Said someone didn't show up and only 2 people in the kitchen and he was helping. We didn't get home until 8:30.
I seen another rig has driven up (hopefully another set of volunteers) headed for the volunteer sites. The sites are at the back of the building.
So far we have met a couple of real characters. Will describe them more later. So far we have mostly been washing trays (me) and John does the pots and pans. I enjoy doing that, in fact being in the kitchen is a little foreign to me if I don't have a menu and directions on when to do each thing. Oh yes I forgot, John did get to mop last night.
Really we are enjoying it, and will enjoy it more (on Johns part) when it is more organized.

1 comment:
Hey, it sounds to me that you guys may wish to escape. (-: Just kidding. What you are doing is wonderful.
All well with us. Check our blog when you have nothing else to do -- which may not be too often.
Post a Comment