Friday, July 23, 2010

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME ... ETC

I got a little behind in my blog thing, so here goes. I think I mentioned there had been a baseball team formed and park built not too far from Siloam Springs. Leaving Siloam on Hwy 412E drive about 28 miles, turn south on a narrow 2 lane road, drive about 3 miles and there it is, kind of all by its self. Right in the middle of cattle country. I told John it reminded me of Field of Dreams. It is really pretty and just the right size. As you can see lots of advertising.
I noticed that the umpire rested his arm on the catcher just as the pitcher began his windup.
Same with the other team. I have noticed that umps kind of touch the catcher with their hand, but not lay on them with their arm. One thing about the game (it was good, but we The Naturals lost) it was very busy between innings. They were always running kids out and they would paticipate in different games. Before the game would begin, tho it always started with "Brought to you by ...." Lots of ads.
We had a great time, and was a lot like going to spring training games in Florida, only a lot cheaper. I think the tickets were 12 dollars each!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.