Friday, May 7, 2010

SECOND PART OF BOSQUE DEL APACHE

The tour is about three quarters over and John is getting bored. But he did really better than I thought he would.
I just barely caught this guy, he is so handsome and looks like he is in good shape
We should have stopped at the visitors center when we left just to find out what on earth this critter is. I first saw him swimming down the canal and thought it was a beaver. But I don't think it is. Feel free to guess or if you know, let me know.
Of all the pictures I took, red winged blkbird, egrets, geese, ducks etc. I thought I would show this ugly guy. Don't think I have ever seen one perched. In case you can't figure it out, what I would call a turkey vulture.
This reserve is a great place and the park was very handy, just a few miles down the road. Thanks, Mark for sharing the info on it, I'm glad we stopped by.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mark and Chris said...

Glad you are both enjoying Bosque. We loved our time there and the campground was not too bad either. There is another wildlife refuge closer to Albuquerque that I learned about after leaving Bosque that is apparently better but I can't recall the name of it. Perhaps it will come up on google.

Looks like Florida for us next winter. Where will you guys be going? Back west?

Safe travels.

Rockey said...

Your animal in the water is probably a river otter. Looks to big to be a muskrat. Glad you had such a great time.

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.