There is an interesting story behind the purchase of this land. Several years ago the Air Force came in and leased some land from a farmer. They built a huge runway, looks as if a 747 could land on it (not quite). They then developed the" drone" that is being used in Afgan... When it was finished they let it go back to the farmer. So he decided to cut it up and sell it to people that had their own planes and wanted to build their own hangers and homes right by a runway. Ray saw the advertisement in a magazine and called, came to see, and bought. He and Janet were one of the first ones to buy. It is a beautiful place, and have they ever done a lot of work!
Here is their pride and joy, of course as with all buildings you store stuff besides what it is built for. In the back of the building is an apartment they had built and lived in it until the house was ......
built. This is their second pride and joy.
Wait a minute, I think I got out of order, but you get the general idea. By the way Ray is my first cousin, we had a good time talking about relatives. I love getting caught up on who was related to whom (or whatever), I just can never remember. So everytime we visit, it is almost like new stories. Thanks for the great hospitality you guys!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment