Wednesday, May 19, 2010

GOOSE ISLAND STATE PARK

Goose Island St.Park is a nice park, but the weather was horrible. Well not horrible, but windy and cloudy. We were parked right on the bay front. You can imagine that John was being just a little tramatized by the ocean spray being blown on the coach. Forecast was for the same next 5 days, so we left 2 days early. I hope you can read this, maybe if you click on it, it will enlarge. You never know with darn blog. (as you can tell, I have had trouble with thing - I'm sure it is not me)

Can you imagine this is over a thousand years old and still standing, even during all the hurricanes.
The wind was blowing so hard, we could hardly open the coach door (no trouble shutting it). Not much to see, no ships, some gulls and pelicans.
We took a drive to Mustang Island. AND would you believe the ferrys are FREE. I guess that impressed me more than anything. The drive was pretty and I would reccomend Goose Island ST.pk for visiting, but hope you have better weather than we did. Next up is Conroe TT for a couple of weeks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.