We entered in an age and skill level bracket at Catalina Spa RV Park. We found a spot fairly close to the courts on Monday and got set up. It has been awhile since we did that, don't think we forgot anything. Anyway on Tuesday we went to a Sams and Walmart that was about 5 miles from the park! The tournament started on Thusday, but we didn't play until Friday, in fact played both levels on the same day.
First was the age level and we won the bronze in that. Of course I should add that there were only 3 teams in our age division, so we were pretty sure we would medal. After we had practiced with one couple the day before, I was postive we would not get gold!
Then played skill level and won gold in it. We had a good time and met some new friends. Playing pickleball is like belonging to TT. You always see someone you met at the last tournament.
This is what I did all day Thursday, line judging (since I was facing the sun thought I would kill 2 birds with one stone and try to get my feet a little more tan - to match my legs). I did referee most of the day along with ......
John .......
We were at Catalina Spa a week and then moved over to TT Palm Springs for 2 weeks. We still haven't decided where we are gong this summer. Still thinking about it.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

2 comments:
How many medals will it take before your RV is overweight? hehe gotta be gettin close!
We always seemed to be sitting more than playing when we were at Palm Springs this past winter. Some of us used to go over to the public tennis courts on the opposite side of I-10 to play in the mornings. Courts are lined for pickleball as well.
Looks like we'll be in Florida next winter and probably at Tanglewood in Sebring. Very good pickleball there.
Leaving TT Colorado River tomorrow. Pickleball courts here but they need a new net and to trim some of the oak trees overhanging the court too. Nobody else playing here :(
Safe travels.
Post a Comment