This is in the Quincey,Wa. area. As you can imagine training these apple trees is very labor intensive. I hope you can see all the wires. There are lots of these young trees dotting the land. It seems the orchards don't last very long. And there aren't groves as I thought there would be like the orange groves in Florida.
I'm sure it isn't, but the orchards seem haphazard, as if the planters said , "Hey this looks like a good place!"
As we drove along we saw all this hay stacked in the fields. Field after field .... but no cattle, no dairies. So asked about it and we were told it was mostly all exported ..... to Japan.
Now the secret to all the cherry, apple, apricot, potatoe and timothy hay growth is the beautiful Columbia River. It has 11 dams on it. Grand Coulee is one of them and that will be the subject of my next blog.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment