Saturday, October 11, 2008

CHAINSAW CARVINGS

I have never been much impressed when I've heard chain saw carvings. Probably because of some of the work I've seen along the road. John and I walked down thru the venders and came to the end of the row and here were the artists. I use artist because they were very good. It started at 4 pm on Friday and ended Saturday at 6. You can see they started with a big stump of Ca.redwood. (It was a tree that had been blown down)
It is absolutely fasinating what they do with that piece of wood. You can see one bear, but on the opposite side of him is another, w/a balloon on top of him. What they are clinging to is a cactis.
This one is a old sad Indian with a peace pipe in his hand and a horses head curved around his shoulder and an eagle sitting at his feet.

Can you imagine, Ghandi? I wish you could see the glasses. I could not figure out what he was carving and when I went back the next day, there it was. GREAT FUN!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.