I see right now I should have cropped this picture, oh well MN"S capitol is very beautiful, I would rate it about third. The guy that designed it also designed the ARK capitol. You know this is one of the few capitols that has no guard checking your purse etc. Anyway we caught up with the tour and got to go out where the Quadriga is.
I hope you can see the horses, women and the guy herding everyone. I thought it was kind of neat what all of this represents. Horses: power of nature, earth, wind, fire, water; 2 women: civilization and the man: prosperity.
While we were up by the Quadriga, I took this picture of St.Paul's cathedral. It is just breath taking. Drove to it and I went in, explored it. There was a man playing the huge organ, very peaceful and quiet. To finish off the day we drove over to Minneapolis and toured the Gold Medal Flour museum. It is headquarted in Chicago now. The museum was quite interesting. You get on a freight elevator and it takes you to each floor and explains what went on in making the flour. Of course the mill burned in 1965 and it has been redone only to give you an idea what went on using film.
Later in the week we went to Mall of America. Not much to report on that except it was just like most 3 story malls except bigger and has an amusement park in the middle of it. John said it was awfully noisy to him. But of course screams from the park didn't help that. I can't image what it would be like on a Saturday.
We leave Sunday heading north. Our next stop is going to see where the Mississippi River starts as a spring. Probably won't be much to see, but you will see what we do!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(68)
-
▼
August
(12)
- Capitol of N.Dakota:Bismark
- Headwaters of the Mississippi
- MN Capitol - Gold Medal Flour Museum
- A Day at the Races
- Cranberries @Warrens,WI
- Circus Museum Day
- Wisconsin Capitol
- Sand Crane Preserve cont....
- Wisconsin Dells/Sand Crane Preserve
- Harley Factory and Museum
- Training Camp Ordeal
- Leaving MI - Into Wisconsin
-
▼
August
(12)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment