Friday, August 8, 2008

Harley Factory and Museum

This the Harley factory where they make the engines for the bikes. It is in Wauwautosa, WI a suburb of Milwaukee. It lasts about an hour and is free! Of course you pay for it when you go into the souvenir shop.

This is the front of the museum. It has only been open since July and is it beautiful. The cost is 16 dollars to get in, or 12 if over 65. Some of the bikes like below, we thought had been restored, repainted etc. but come to find out they are in original shape: color, paint etc. Some belonged to the owners and some were acquired from individuals.

I hope you can read the year of these two bikes, there were so many I had a hard time picking one to show.
This was one of my favorites, the side car. One of the displays they had was a pc moniter. It had a list and a picture of each engine that Harley has made. You touch the picture of the engine and it comes up with a description of that engine and then a tab that says touch here to hear the engine. Well I had a feel day with that one. My favorite was made in 57, but I don't remember what it was.
Well worth you time if you are ever in this area. The museum is about 8 miles from the factory almost right down town. No telling how much the land cost. Ample free parking and easy to get to. (It wasn't for us but that is another story)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.