Yes, I know it has been awhile since you've heard from me. It seems as if since we got here to Palm Creek Nov. 1st we have not stopped running. Mostly to the pickleball courts and to tournaments. This picture was taken near Surprise,AZ. on our way to Sun City Grand tournament.

My doubles pardner Joyce and I won gold in the skill level of 3.5. Then next day John and I won gold in the mixed level. These medals are really pretty.
This past week-end we went to Tucson for a tournament. We left with the coach on Wednesday am and went to Phoenix. Did I mention we discovered that the coach needed new house batteries? It was in Conroe that we found that out. After several phone calls Lazy Days said they would pay for them. We were glad as the cost of them are 534 dollars EACH! So finally the battery place called and said the check had arrived. It was just perfect as we were going to Tucson Wed aft, so just left early and went up, had them installed ( 85 dollars an hour is what they charged ..... very cheap) took an hour and then we were on our way.
At this tournament John and I both entered the singles along with mens and womens doubles along with mixed doubles. I won silver in the singles, Joyce and I won gold in the doubles and John and I won silver in the mixed. I am showing the back of the medal showing what skill level we won in. We will not see that level any more as we have been moved up to 4.0. This a tougher level, so we are hoping to bronze in the next tournaments.
I will try to get some pictures of the Park, as they have planted lots of flowers and it is so pretty. Hopefully it will not take as long to post as the last time.
3 comments:
Hey guys, you are going to have to unload some "stuff" from the coach in order to carry the extra weight of all your winnings. Cold here in TTO - 37. Moving to Lake Louisa this am for a week. Back here on the 14th.
Hi U 2
Congrats on all the tournament wins. Rich and I were out looking at the player list for the upcoming Mid South Regional Tournament and saw your names there!!! Are you two going to the Social on Thursday night! Hope so. Anyway Rich and I look forward to seeing the two of you at the tournament. We haven't seen you since TT Orlando a couple of years ago!!
We've been following your blog regularly. Hope you'll do the same. Our blog is www. floridapicklers.blogspot.com
See you in Mandeville,
Rich and Donna
We LOVED Palm Creek when we stayed there last winter for 6 weeks. We learned to play pickleball there and absolutely loved it. We were at the tail end of the season, and it got really really hot. Like over 100...but what a beautiful place and wonderful activities. Have a great time. I'll have to go back and read your blog. I just discovered it. Jeannie a.ka. "Sparky"
Where's Eldo? on Blogger
Post a Comment