We stayed in TT Conroe for a week before the tournament started so John and Larry could play together. Then we moved to south of Houston to a rv park that was about 9 miles from the Center. If we didn't, it would have been a 60 mile drive each day. John and Larry did well together as they won GOLD. John's first mens doubles gold and Larry's also. I was excited for them
The lady I played with (Mary Jane) with in Hot Springs Village hooked up again for womens doubles and won GOLD.
John and I won GOLD in mixed doubles against my doubles pardner.
For the first time I entered singles and Mary Jane did too. Then there was Winnie, she has retired and noticed the SR GAMES advertised and thought it would be fun. She entered bowling, badmitton, and ping pong, decided to try pickleball. She played the day before for the FIRST time and really enjoyed it. In fact she enjoyed it so much she bought a paddle and found out when the pickleball players of Houston played.
She got GOLD because she is from Texas, I got gold and Mary Jane received silver. Lots of fun.
We did find out we would not want to face that Houston traffic every day.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment