Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dairy Queen Found At Last

Audrey and I have been searching for a DQ for quite a while and couldn't to seem to find one that was handy. John and I had to find an UPS and lo and behold there was a DQ right next door. So yesterday I called Dave and told him if he and Audrey had an hour to spare we wanted to take them somewhere. Well I should have talked to Audrey, as Dave was 20 questions, where, why, how long etc. You'd think he didn't trust me and I have NEVER caused him to think otherwise. As you can tell by the smiles, they are happy.
The counter lady was so nice, she volunteered to take our picture.
The DQ was near Cracker Barrel on 192 in a small shopping center. It even has chocolate ice cream.
This is a wonderful old picture taken in 1951 in ... are you ready ..... Hot Springs, AR.!!! Grand Opening of the DQ on Grand AVE. How fun!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mitch and Barb said...

I like DQs!! Great find.

See you soon. We'll be in Orlando on Friday--hope you're still there!

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.