I told John that I was sick and tired of not seeing any Christmas decorations that symbolizes Christ. I could tell by his face that he was thinking "oh no I can feel a project". Especially when I said "Oh it will be easy", that especially makes him nervous. One year I came up with the idea of making a cross, putting Christmas lights on it and putting it in a window, it was beautiful.
So we went to Home Depot, bought the lights first, then a stapler ( I wanted an electric one, but John said we would probably not use it again and he wasn't spending 30 dollars for one time use), then off to the lumber. You might think we did that backwards, but I wanted to fit the lumber to the lights. Anyway, the board was the cheapest thing in this project. First off, John sawed it, then put 2 screws in, then painted.
Next was the lights. You might notice we are now inside. That is because the wind is very cool, I believe the temp only got into the low 60's. Someone told me it would be like this until the middle of Jan. BRRRRR
It took quite a while to decide where to put it. First I wanted to put it on a palm tree close by, but John said the ranger would probably make us take it down. He was about ready to call it quits, when I thought of the flag pole! Next will send pictures of the finished product all lit up. I'm very pleased and hope it makes people think of what Christmas is really about.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment