Friday, October 9, 2009

CELEBRATIING OUR ANNIVERSARY

Our anniversary was the 7th, but we were a little late celebrating. We have been playing pickleball everyday since we've been here .... about 3 hours everyday ... and I've just been worn out! So we had a light morning today and decided to go this evening. I had read about a casino about 25 miles from here, so since we hadn't been that direction drove that way. It was an interesting drive. The casino is west and then north of Casa Grande. Lots of dairy farms and feed lots. The feed lots are full of Holsteen steers. Then there were fields of cotton. I didn't realize that much cotton was grown in AZ.
The casino is on the AK-Chin reservation and a very nice one. The only thing is, it was very
smoky
There was a couple walking towards the the entry and John asked him if he would take our picture, come to find out he was very familiar with my camera and took several shots of us. By the way this is our 48th year ...... doesn't seem like it. Lots of love,perservance ,commitment and humor is our secret.
This a picture of our street. We have been told that all these spaces will be filled by Nov 1. We will see.
To all who are on the road ...... safe travels
After I reread this blog, I don't know what happened to my pictures, they are all scattered everywhere, hope you can make heads or tails out of this thing! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mitch and Barb said...

Happy Anniversary--albeit late! Marie remembered your date so I did think of you guys. (I missed your picture though!) Looks like you are keeping busy.

Mark and Chris said...

We cross into USA tomorrow with Jim and Jane and will spend 4 days in Birch Bay. Taking our time heading down the Oregon coast unless it is really cold and wet. If it is, we'll blitz down to AZ.

P & C said...

48th good job!
And yes were is the picture?
So were is your street as we are still in Carlsbad,NM.

About Me

We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.