I know you are probably wondering what in the world are they doing in Georgia. That would be a legitimate question. This is Alabama's capitol by the way. Anyway, we were in Abita Spgs,La. and John decided we needed to have the front end aligned. He had read about a guy that was really good in Ga, so called him and made an appt. Looking at the map, we went right by Montgomery,Al I suggested we stop and take a look.
It is really pretty and big! But the house and senate do not meet in it. There are some offices in it, but is mostly for show. The columns in this picture are solid marble! They weigh about 8000 lbs each. (Did I mention I love rocks?)
This is the dome and the pictures around it are murals of their history. (one of the guards said loosely based history).
This is the cheapest diesel we saw on this trip, which was great. But it didn't look that cheap compared to my friend Barb's post. Hers showed 2.19. We are now in Florida! Will move into TT Orlando on the 10th.
Meantime we have an appointment in Hudson,Fl to get 4 windows that have lost their seal fixed.
I'll have to tell you about the guard in the capitol. We were on the 3rd floor wandering around (actually we were looking for the rest rooms). So walked down one of the halls and we were talking and looking into the offices as we walked by. Came to the end and was looking out the windows, trying to identify the buildings.
Then discovered the rest rooms. I went first, then held the camera and coats while John went. Then when we looked down the hall towards from whense we came, there stood THE guard with his arms crossed.
So we went walking towards him as if he was the welcoming committee. He was very nice, but did stay with us until we went back down stairs. I told John I'm sure one of ladies called and said there are 2 strange people wandering around up here.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- John & Pat
- We are in our 3rd year of full timing driving a coach and towing a SUV. How we would like to have our VW back! Hope you enjoy the blogs and I hope even more to have something interesting on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment