We left the CC rally Saturday morning early. Eight new coaches were sold and 26,ooo dollars was raised for the Cedar Rapids flood. I was surprised about the coaches, figured everyone was tightening up the purse strings because of high fuel. Wehad a good time at the rally especially seeing old friends.
When we left headed for Kalamazoo, MI. Michigan is a beautiful state, but getting there was a nightmare. Interstate 80 was horrible thru Iowa, Ill, Ind and Mi. There was a crash and when I checked it one of the bathroom lamps had (I guess) vibrated off and fell in the sink. When we got to the campground finished cleaning up the glass. Saturday night I went to bed at 9:00 (John kept telling me it was only 8). I didn't care if it was 6, I was so tired and sleepy. Rallys just wear me out ... I enjoy them, but all the sitting and going from seminar to home to seminar ....
Did I mention that we have no awing covers on the drivers side windows? They came apart while we were in Pigeon Forge. So have been looking for a repair place since then. Thought we had found one in Tx, John dropped them off one day, then a week later went by to pick them up and the guy hadn't even looked at them. So you can imagine how happy John was. I could tell whem he came out with them under his arm that something was unsatisfactory.
We are in a TT campground St Clair and it is pretty nice. Right off I=94, I thought it would be noisey, but not the case. Our friends Bill and Marilyn are here, we are going to travel up to Saulte St Marie (in futher posts that will THE SOO) together.
Oh yes forgot to mention that our satellite didn't work when we got to the TT campground and now we are sitting at a repair place getting it looked at. It costs 15o dollars up front to look at it and diagnose the problem. So far (from the way it looks) they have started the generator, turned on the air, left the front door open and left. So John went to check on THAT and was told that a gage that was needed to check the satellite is missing and they are looking for it. So John asked (politely I'm sure) if they could shut the gen and air off until they were working on it. They said "Oh sure!"
Will keep you posted on how THIS turns out.

No comments:
Post a Comment